It is important that rights are managed appropriately. All efforts are made to ensure that our approach to copyright is diligent and balanced, and that we act in good faith at all times.
If you hold rights in a work displayed on the website and object to its use, you can request its removal by writing to email@example.com. Your request will be processed in accordance with our Notice and Takedown Policy (below). If you know of any instances where copyright owners are not correctly acknowledged please inform us via firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make the necessary changes.
We aim to present rights information on our website both clearly and concisely and we kindly ask that you respect the rights associated with the items.
Notice and Takedown Policy and Procedure
If the administrators of the Views of an Antique Land project website are notified of a potential breach of copyright, or other rights, or receive a complaint indicating a violation of publishers’ rules or other relevant concern, the item(s) in question shall be removed from the websites as quickly as possible pending further investigation.
If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, or is not covered by a limitation or exception in UK law, please contact us through the email@example.com stating the following:
- Your contact details.
- A description of the material.
- The website address where you found the material.
- The nature of the complaint
- A statement that you are the rights owner or are authorized to act for the rights owner. You may be asked to provide proof of this ownership that would stand up in a court of law.
The 'Notice and Takedown' procedure is then invoked as follows:
1. The Views of an Antique Land project will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
2. Access to the material will be removed from the Views of an Antique Land project websites pending an agreed solution.
3. The Views of an Antique Land project may contact third parties to inform them that the material is subject to a complaint and under what allegations.
4. The Views of an Antique Land project will liaise with the parties concerned with the aim of resolving the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of all parties. This discussion may result in one the following outcomes:
- The material is restored on the Views of an Antique Land project website(s) unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the Views of an Antique Land project website(s) with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the website(s).
If the parties concerned are unable to agree a solution, the Views of an Antique Land project will decide whether the material is restored on the website(s) or remains unavailable until a time when a resolution has been reached.
Revised: November 2016
Use of images for commercial purposes:
The images provided on this website are made available for general study and are covered under a Creative Commons licence (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/). However, anyone wishing to use an image for commercial purposes such as book publication should contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass their details to the image donors who can then make any necessary financial arrangements. The Views of an Antique Land project cannot enter into any commercial negotiations.